June 19, 2017
Pathway to Discipleship-
Still another pathway to a fuller life in Jesus Christ has to do with how we give. Jesus spent a great deal of time talking about money. That may seem strange. Actually, money has a rather strong influence on us. Sometimes the best way to become more faithful as a follower of Jesus Christ is to turn our attention away from the making and spending money.
Generosity is a matter of Christian discipleship. When we learn to use what we’ve been given to accomplish some God-sized projects, we grow in our discipleship. When we learn to share what we have with others, we find that our heart
- we practice it regularly, instead of sporadically,
- when we practice it intentionally rather than just in response to a particular appeal
- when we practice is persistently over time, rather than just when it is convenient or easy
“God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so that whoever lives and believes in him shall have everlasting life.”
Questions to consider:
- Do I give regularly or periodically? intentionally or only in response to a particular need? willingly or reluctantly?
- What would it look like to give with a more open hand?
See you in Church!