Calvary offers a variety of Bible studies for adults. Feel free to join us in any of the following studies.
- Pastor’s Bible Study, Tuesdays 10:00 am in the Library beginning on September 6th. Course of study: 2 Corinthians
- Joyce Dixon’s Bible Study, first , third and fifth Tuesdays 9:30 am. The study will be of Highlights of the New Testament by William L. Lane.
- Men’s Bible Study The Calvary men hold a Bible study on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the John Wesley Room
- Mom’s Bible Study Mom’s Bible Study is held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m. in the Parlor
- Essential Beliefs is a short, practical study intended to help new (and not so new) Christians learn and grow as disciples of Jesus Christ. NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. This is four-week exploration of some of the key beliefs we hold as Christians such as : Who is God? Who is Jesus Christ? Who is the Holy Spirit? And what role does the church play in Christian life? This is 4 sessions from February 12 thru February 26 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Holy Habits is a new three week study intended to help new (and not so new) Christians learn and grow as disciples of Jesus Christ. The study, called “Holy Habits” is a brief exploration of some of the key practices that help us draw near to God, particularly prayer, discernment and service. Three sessions from May 7 through May 21 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Growing In Christ (3 or 4 week studies) Growing In Christ is a set of short courses developed by Rev. Larsen during his doctoral work at Wesley Theological Seminary. The components include “Bible Basics”, and “Essential Beliefs”, and “Holy Habits” which will be offered at various times throughout the year. Each component stands on its own, bu the three parts lift up different ways to grow in Christian discipleship. Stay tuned for announcements about dates and times!